Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back To School Blues...The Best Days of My Life

I know that I am 27 years old and should be way beyond this but I have noticed that every summer by the middle or end of August I get in a funk about everyone going back to school. The life of a Youth Pastor and his wife goes like this: June- Mission Trip to Mexico, Vacation Bible School July: Camp, Mission Trip to Biloxi and then August Back to School everyone goes. You would think that this really has nothing to do with anything but I start to miss the chaos of kids coming in and out of my house, eating all our food, watching all our movies (whether we are home or not by the way) Maybe I should stop passing out the keys to my house and maybe we should not have bought a 40 inch LCD flat screen tv because they come over a lot more now ( the boys anyway) but I would not trade any of those times for the world. Jeff and I have been so blessed at each church we have worked at and recently our RHCC ties have brought us relationships that are family, ie The Barrow Girls, Katie Willingham, Hatchetts and so many more but now they are all going back to school and the chaos that was my life this summer is now a lot of great memories but a stillness that is unfamiliar.
In the stillness I realize that Jeff and I (and Lula) are so blessed to have so many teenagers and friends that we love and that love us (I think) and our bond is that we all love Jesus but have decided that he wants us to enjoy the short amount of time here on earth.

To my summer choas...You are welcomed back gladly next Year!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

High school summers always were the best! It is fun that you get to relive them through Jeff's job.

Fun that you mentioned Mexico. I ran across a Thrift Town tank top that I bought before going to Mexico way back when. It has been in the bottom of a random bin since my ACU days. We just now got around to getting it cleaned out!

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one time, listen to this, this one time i got a blog and my url is andrewhfincher.blogspot.com

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw your list on Julie's blog, and I just wanted to tell you that I am a major Us Weekly fan! I even have a subscription, but I don't tell very many people that tidbit about myself.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Glad we will be able to keep up!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Glad you've joined the blogging world! It's such a great way to catch up with old friends :)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters