Monday, September 25, 2006

Blasts From the Past.......

This weekend was Jeff's 10 year High School Reunion and in reality it was just the preview to my 10 year reunion next year. It was funny to see people with kids, real jobs and some that haven't changed much at all!!! The Class of 96' did a great job of making the reunion top notch and really fun and it also gave some insight of what not to do next year.
I guess after seeing a lot of people that I had not seen in a while it made me kind of sentimental and Jeff and I were talking about the fact that our (as in most kids at FWC) parents sacrificed to send us to a good school. I am not anti public schools but I am a fan of Christian education and I realize now that there is a bond formed when you go to a small school such as Fort Worth Christian. I realize it is not perfect but without it I would not have ever met my husband and made the life long freindships that I made. Some of the relationships from the ole alma mater have gotten me through some of lifes best and some of lifes worst and I know it will always be that way. So heres to one more year to lose the extra weight and all the other unrealistic reunion goals that we set!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am with you on private school! That is one goal that I have for Jackson is that I want him to go to a private school. Who knows, maybe it will be FWC?

Even though I live far away, I will help with the reunion any way that I can. Let me know if you need any help at all!

Also, amen about the weight loss! I started walking today in an effort to get started! Love ya!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

You can do it! i am there with ya on the weight loss. I keep telling myself this is the year. I am glad yall had a great time.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I went to a public school...and you know how big they are in the DFW area. I won't even go to my HS reunion b/c I wouldn't know most of the people! Instead I see them at other events (like weddings). There are definately advantages to smaller schools. We'll be going to Mike's 10 year in May! (He graduated with a class of 33)

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters