Wednesday, August 22, 2007

An Affair To Remember!!

I know I am the worlds worst blogger, but life has been CRAZY!! In between working full time, going to school, planning a Girls Retreat, a 10 year high school reunion and this past weekends festivities of Jeff's 30th Birthday SUPRISE Party I have been maxed out!!

Saturday, August 18th I saw the biggest suprise come into fruition. After a month of planning I pulled off a huge party in Jeff's Honor for his 30th birthday, College Graduation and just thanking God for what he has done in Jeff's health!! We truly have so much to be grateful for! Our precious friends Rick and Andrea generously allowed me to have free reign over their ranch, house, pool, etc. We had awesome bar b q, fireworks, swimming, shuffleboard,music and so much more!! The day of the party I think God thought it would be funny to remind me who is in control, as the skies opened up and torrential rain, followed by lightening just an hour before the party!! THE PARTY WAS 100% OUTSIDE!! Everything had to be taken in and set back out! The skies cleared and the weather was awesome the rest of the night.

For a month now I have had to lie to Jeff about a lot of my whereabouts to pull this thing off. If you know me at all you know I don't like suprises and I am not good at keeping them.
I tricked Jeff into coming out to the Duwe's and we had an incredible night. We had over 85 people there and hopefully Jeff (I know based on what he has told me) felt very honored and loved by so many. He raked in the gifts, but more importantly every single person there represented a prayer warrior that warred for our family.

The party was awesome but I have to say I am glad it is over because I felt like I had been having an affair with all the lies I had to tell to pull it off!! IT was for a good cause!

Thanks to all of you who made it so special and for keeping it a secret. We are blessed to have such great friends and family!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I am blessed to have such an awesome wife!! I am still amazed you pulled it off with that many people and kepit it a secret.
Love you!!!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Fat Free said...

Way to go Nat! i am proud of you!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters