Thursday, April 05, 2007

Oh Jeff... the Blogging Promoter!!


Hey Everyone-


I just wanted to tell you a little bit about our day yesterday. Since Jeff's surgery was scheduled for 5:20 p.m. there is not a lot you can do to kill time that doesn't make you think about eating, when you can't eat before surgery so Jeff and I had decided to go buy him a new shirt for Easter and then head to the Hospital. My sweet Grandmother (Gaga) said she would meet us there because she wanted to buy Jeff something instead of flowers. We go into shop and come out and I realize I did not have my keys and we have to be at the Hospital in one hour to check in for surgery. I look in my car and it looked like the coin purse to my key chain in my purse so I called my roadside assistance, which said would be 20 minutes for arrival and ended up being 45 minutes, so my sweet in laws came and waited for the lock smith. Locksmith comes, opens car- NO KEYS IN CAR! The keys were in Old Navy the entire time. It just goes to show you what happens when life gets too crazy! We were only about 10 minutes late to the hospital but we had to wait for my in laws to arrive so that Jeff could show a picture ID. ( as if the massive ear bandage and stitches was not indicitive of Jeff being a patient waiting for ear reconstruction)


Jeff did not go into surgery until 7 p.m. and the reconstruction took a little under 2 hours. Dr. Anderson took pictures of Jeff's new ear with his digital camera to show us and it is AMAZING! It is perfect. If you read in Luke 22:49-51 Peter struck the right ear of Malchus and Jesus then touched his ear and healed him. Jeff's right ear has also been healed and brought back to perfection, or it soon will be.


Last night was very difficult for Jeff because the pain from this surgery was much more intense than his first as the Doctor said it would be, however Jeff did not get sick from the anasthesia this time so that was a blessing. Needless to say we got very little sleep last night as the pain was not being consoled by 1000 mg. of Vicodin and he has this huge plastic patch and drain tube to prevent hemmorraging that makes it hard to get comfortable. Jeff has done very well today despite the pain.


On a lighter note Jeff did not talk as crazy after surgery this time but the nurse said the instant the tube was out of his throat he told her that he "needed Natalie by his side" , but his second words to her were the address of my blog. He kept telling the nurse www.nataliegracegary.blogspot.com thus the title of this post. I am not sure why he felt the need to make the nurse aware of my blog address and adding grace to the middle of it but I think it is really funny!


Thank you for your precious calls, visits, e-mails, food and keeping us company yesterday at the hospital.


We truly feel that Jeff has touched the hem of Jesus' garment and for that we are thankful far beyond any accolades that could leave our mouth!!


P.S. A lady asked me last week why we are posting pictures of all of this and writing about it but I know in the flesh how quickly we forget what God has done and this is a sobering reminder. I know that no explanation is needed but I just wanted to put that out there!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fat Free said...

tell the lady it's a lot cheaper for your brother-in-law to come and read a blog then spend all the time on the phone from MEXICO! thanks for the update, shawn

6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am seriously very appreciative of being able to read a blog to get information on how Jeff is doing not to mention that it is SO much easier for you to keep everyone posted by typing it all up ONE time only! By the way, thanks for keeping us all in the loop during this stressful time. I, for one, really appreciate being able to offer up prayers on you and Jeff's behalf.

I will be praying for a speedy recovery for Jeff! Love you lots, Natalie!

10:26 PM  
Blogger RC and YoVonna Cowan said...

Jeff and Natalie,

We are so happy that all has gone so well for you. Our Lord is truly great! We do apologize for not being available the last few days--we were in an educational seminar out of town. We continual to pray for you both and earnestly ask you to let us know of anything--anything we can do for you. We praise the Lord daily for your love for our Lord, your devotion to Him and our kids at Central, and our friendship and knowing you both. Please continue our Lord's work--He has confirmed that for you in both your lives once again. Love you.

Your brother and sister,

RC and YoVonna Cowan

PS. This blog thing is really great. Thanks for the up-to-date info.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters