Thursday, April 26, 2007

You're an Idiot....and so am I!!

In February Jeff and I (along with our Pastor and his wife) attended a Church Leadership conference at Fellowship Church in Grapevine, which was awesome by the way. One of the speakers approached the stage and said turn to your neighbor and say "your an idiot." The reason he explained that we are all idiots is because none of us can make it without Christ because we are idiots (or sinners) and if you don't have Christ you are also an idiot (because you are a sinner without a Savior). He went on to talk about people in ministry to be even bigger idiots...we already knew that..we are not offended! Obviously he was using slang by using the word idiot, but really he was so right.

Obviously this last month of our lives has been very strange. My mom has had major surgery, Jeff having 2 surgeries in 2 weeks, waiting on major test results for Jeff...etc., etc.
I realized that through all of this that I trusted WHOLE HEARTEDLY in the Lord...I felt as though he was all I had. I mean trust like never before, peace like never before.

This Tuesday as I am sitting in my office trying to put a large real estate deal back together (and one that I need to close) that is hanging by a thread; then I start opening medical bills and suddenly I am as my brother calls it "a ball of stress." In the meantime Jeff calls me from Sam's and says hey I am buying groceries for the Youth Concession stand and they don't take the credit card the church has they only take Discover so can we just pay for it?

As stupid and petty as this all sounds it sent me over the edge. That night when I got home Jeff asks me "what is wrong with you?" Immediately tears start to flow and I begin to tell him that I am sorry for my attitude earlier in the day but what I had realized is that when you come out of a time that you 100% trusted on the Lord and then the Lord moves and works and heals the adjustment back to everyday life is hard. You begin to coast again, you are thankful but you don't war in prayer enough, you let your guard down to let Satan back in, you begin to doubt the mundane things in life.

Obviously I do not wish to go through what we did last month...trust me..the reality checks were hard and I keep thanking the Lord that we are NOT walking through chemo, radiation and other trials should we have received a different prognosis, but what I want to stress to myself probably more than anyone is that we are idiots because we too soon forget God's power and that the trials are usually more our peaks than valleys!!

With Christ things are always subject to change!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Staci said...

So true!!!!

Thank you so much for giving me the link to the MEND website! What a blessing!!!!! Tell you aunt thanks for starting that organization! I can't imagine how many lives have been touched...

4:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters