Friday, April 04, 2008

An Update and That for which I Am Thankful

I know that I suck at blog posting. I guess until I have my own kids I will not have as much to post about. This past month has been pretty crazy. We just finished a remodel at church, I went to DC to visit my mom with one of my really good friends, Katie. We had so much fun. We got a tour of the White House, went to the Smithsonian, ate some ridiculously good food (if you need restaurant recommendations in DC I am your girl) sat next to Pat Sajak at lunch, and walked about 10 miles a day!

This month was also a time for Jeff and I to reflect on the past year and realize that we have an incredible amount of reasons to be humbled and thankful that the Lord held us in the palm of his hand! This time last year Jeff was still recovering from major surgery. Our lives have been forever changed! There is a bond that we experienced between Jeff and I and the Lord that is hard to articulate, but I am so thankful for it!

Around this time last year I was also diagnosed with Mono, which I found out Friday that I have again! Let me just say that Mono does not suck nearly as bad as the steroids that you have to take for nine days. I totally sympathize for people that have to live on this stuff.

We are gearing up for the busiest time for a Youth Pastor and I absolutely love the chaos. It is some sick sort of comfort for me. I don't know if its because I love it so much or I relive it through the kids and am so excited for them to experience it.

Next month we will be doing a Mystery Trip
June we will be in Mexico on a Mission Trip, home for a week then leave for New Orleans and then Jeff will either be dropped off on our way home from New Orleans in East Texas for camp or leave the next morning be home for a few days and then leave for camp again.

Please be praying for our traveling safety. It is never too early!

On that note our church is doing awesome. We have almost doubled in size this year and our youth group has more than doubled. It is easy when you are in the church "business" to get caught up in numbers but its exciting to see kids uninhibited to bring their friends! Our kids are awesome!

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters