Thursday, December 17, 2009

Stats




This past Monday I took Hudson for his 2 month shots and check up. He was really 10 weeks old so just past two months, but oh well. First of all he weighed in at 13 lbs. 9 oz. and was 24 inches long. The Dr. said they are supposed to double their weight by two months and Hudson was about half a pound shy of achieving that.




People told me that taking your baby for shots was hard but that was HORRIBLE!!! Hudson is such a sweet laid back baby and he was just laying there chewing his hands and cooing and then I was told to hold his arms down. After the first shot he screamed and then had a hard time catching his breath for the next two. It was so Pitiful!!!




We have been blessed with a very content baby unless I eat something that doesnt agree with him, which has happend 4 times since his birth....I remember all 4 of those times quite well. Otherwise he is usually always happy. Hudson sleeps for about 3-4 hours at a time at night and now just wakes up once during the night to eat (for about 5 minutes) then goes back to sleep. I have done something that I swore I never would do and that is put him in bed with me. I only do this around 6 or 7 am and he will sleep til 10:30 or 11 if I do....so all that to say there are days its totally worth it because then I get good sleep!




Hudson loves his swing, his play mat...not his tummy mat so much and loves, loves, loves his room (just not to sleep in).




Well this is more for my memory than anything, but here are a couple of pictures.




One is of Dr. White (who delivered Hudson and is our family Doctor) talking to him while he sleeps before his shots and the next is Hudson chewing his hands before his shots...I think he was nervous.




We are excited about having a baby at Christmas this year and it makes it even sweeter to know that there is a God that cares about us enough to send his Son to die for us. I cannot imagine ever having to make that choice....heck I can barely take my baby to get shots!




Have a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!!!




3 Comments:

Blogger Katie and James said...

Precious! I am dreading that 2 month visit :(

3:23 PM  
Blogger rm said...

so sweet!! He is so beautiful. Shots are the worst! So sorry you had to be the one to hold down his arms... somehow i got out of that part... but then I have memories of Mark Jr. hightailing it out of his Dr. & standing on the corner of MacArthur Blvd. He was so hysterical our Dr. had to carry him back in for me & then lay on top of him... then there was Mia kicking & screaming on the floor w/ 3 nurses dodging her wild arms & legs... funny now... mortifying then!!! Oh Motherhood!!! Love yall, A.Rachael

2:36 PM  
Blogger BeautifulDisaster311 said...

Merry Christmas, Natalie!
--Marissa--

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Counters